- The following excursions are available, provided there are at least 50 participants. Excursions will leave in the morning of Sunday, the 11 October. Those interested should book on the first day of the conference on 7 October 2015 before 1600 h. The amount will be refunded on the 10 October If the number is insufficient.
- Cultural tour
- A full day tour to St Xavier’s cathedral at Old Goa, Mangeshi temple and Spice garden with lunch (Full Day). Travel in bus. Approximate cost: Rs. 800 per person (US$ 14.-).
- A full day tour to Goa Chitra ethnography Museum. Travel in bus. Approximate cost: Rs. 600.- per person (US$ 10.-).
- Nature trail: A full day tour to the Bondla Wild Life Sanctuary with a brief trek through the woods. Travel in bus. Approximate cost: Rs. 600.- per person (US$ 10.-).
- A day on the beach: Visit to beaches is on individual basis or in small groups. Travel in taxis. Beachside shacks and local restaurants for lunch.
- Utorda Beach.
- Candolim Beach.
- Baga, Anjuna and Vagator beaches.
Tours and excursions for accompanying persons.
Please check with the travel desk at the reception for daily tours by taxis. Below are some suggested tours.
- Discover Panjim:
- Old Latin Quarters at Fontainhas.
- Shopping on 18 June Road, Panjim Church, etc.
- Reis Magos fort overlooking Mandovi river.
- Sunset point at Fort Aguada lighthouse with a grand hilltop view of Panjim and the Arabia Sea.
- Time on the beach: Vainguinnim beach (Cidade de Goa).
- St Xavier’s cathedral and other monuments at Old Goa.
- Mangeshi and other temples.
- Spice Garden.